Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Cheeseburger in Paradise (3-06)

Okay, I have a MacDonald's #4 combo now and then...but I can quit whenever I want. Really. I have a theological problem: Long ago and long story, but my Dad takes me out to get a burger and fries now and then. My heavenly Dad, that is. You remember how your dad used to do that? It was a time that only you and Dad could've had, right? Well, that's us when the occasion comes along. We sit and talk, and I thank Him for being my Dad. And worship Him for just being Him, and we laugh, and sometimes drive, and life is good (and so is the burger! Really good!) Only thing is that now that MacDonald's has become nearly public enemy #1 because of all the trans-mono-poly-unsaturated fats, would a Dad like our God really take his kid a place like that for lunch? Should it not be to the grocery store produce aisle for say, kale or kohlrabi? I know that the Holy Ghost deserves His house to be pristine -blood flowing free from ornery little LDLs and triglycerides clogging up the place with their trash. And high-octane antioxidant bouncers should stand watch and keep at bay those annoying free radicals and their oxidation vandalism. I'm privy to all this. It should be in top condition, smell nice, and be even somewhat nicely garnished. So what then of a little girl, joining her Daddy for a burger in the 21st century? Someone please tell me the answer! I work out regularly, drink lots of water, eat my 5 a day fruits & veggies (okay, 3 anyway), and even brush and floss. But by gum, after a quarter-ton leg press, or a brisk run on the hills out in this wild land, a 430-calorie, 21 fat gram burger binge is in order, I'd say! If I die 5 years earlier, it's bloody worth it. My choice -right? So GET OFF MY BACK! Since I have no answers, I'll just leave you with this line from Dire Straits:
"If you wanna run cool, If you wanna run cool
Yes if you wanna run cool, you got to run
On heavy, heavy fuel."
I'm lovin' it.

No comments:

Post a Comment