Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Missing Sis

It's been just over two weeks since my big sister Di suddenly passed away. She was ill, though I don't believe she knew how ill (nor did we.) Perilously underweight, and I believe still grieving Mom's loss last year, she'd recently shown increasing signs of addiction once again. We're still waiting on the why's from the medical authorities, but meantime, her memorial services were positive and reflected her always cheerful, giving attitude. She accepted Christ formally just a few weeks prior, and this is such comfort to us all. So much to process at times like these, and yet there can be a danger to over-process, too. God knows it all, and one day we shall, too. His comfort is always enough. Wish we'd been closer; many things got in the way. We did what we could, though, and in that I can rest. I remember taking her for coffee, on rides around town to get scrips, etc. Joking about this and that. Talking about her boys and their "comebacks"
(Bobby with K House and Bry with his new kidney.)
Di was a simple heart, who didn't think much about what she'd leave behind in this world. But the surprising number of people who came to say goodbye that day (some who we'd never met) warmed our hearts. She left behind many friends. And they loved her very much. She showed us all a thing or two about being humble, giving, and loving. I hope that we appreciated it in her all along. She could be hard to love at times because of her addictions & afflictions, but I choose to believe that she knew how much we loved her and wanted the very best for her. I could waste hours wishing that her life had been easier or that her choices had been healthier, or that we'd been closer, but I've learned too much about taking such harmful paths in thought. She's whole now. That's what matters. Like Mom, her suffering is past, and nothing but the good life is ahead for her. Why cry? Only because I miss my sis. But soon enough, we'll catch up. Eternity is long. Heaven is sweet. And we'll get together again...

No comments:

Post a Comment